Every homeowner knows minor home repairs and maintenance can quickly add up. Before you know it, you have numerous home improvement jobs accumulated and no time to handle them.
However, most small home repairs are quickly taken care of in a few steps. Here are 3 easy fixes to help you take care of some of the most common issues in your home.
Clogged toilets are one of the most common plumbing issues in every home. The next time you find yourself with a clogged toilet and have no plunger, try these 3 simple methods.
- Use dish soap: Add about ½ cup of dish soap to your toilet bowl to allow the soap to lubricate the clogged pipe and let debris slide down easily.
- Add hot water: If dish soap doesn’t work, try adding hot water to move things along. Make sure your water is not boiling, as this can crack the porcelain. Pour the hot water into the toilet bowl from waist level, and watch the water force out the draped debris.
- Use Baking Soda: As an alternative to dish soap, you can also try a natural solution composed of baking soda and vinegar. Add one cup of baking soda with two cups of vinegar to your toilet. Allow it to fizz and bubble for half an hour. If necessary, add hot water afterward.
Patch & Repair Drywall
If your wall has a small dent or hole, you can patch it up quickly in 3 simple steps. First, place a self-adhesive patch over the dent or hole. Second, use a drywall knife to cover the area with a spackling compound in a crisscross pattern, until it blends with the wall. Finally, allow the patch to dry fully and sand until smooth.
A leaking faucet can quickly become an annoying mess. Fortunately, they are usually easy to take care of. To fix it, turn your water supply off to prevent water spilling everywhere. Then remove the handle knobs with a flat-head screwdriver. Once removed, look for the packing nut and loosen it with a wrench. Locate the stem and remove it. Make sure to inspect for damage as you remove each part.
From here, the o-ring and washer are exposed, revealing the probable cause for your leak. Replace them with identical new parts and assemble everything back together. Turn on your water supply slowly and check for leaks. If your faucet still leaks, this could indicate a deeper issue, in which case you should contact a professional handyman.
Hire Expert Handyman Services in Vancouver, WA
If you don’t have the tools or lack time to get it taken care of, you can count on Ironwood NW’s professional handyman services in Vancouver, WA. Our team of highly experienced and trained handymen can take care of various remodeling and maintenance services for your home.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Drywall installation, repair, and replacement
- Bathroom repairs and remodeling
- Door installation, repair, and replacement
- Indoor and outdoor painting
- And more
Regardless of the task at hand, we’ll handle it quickly and efficiently. Allow our expert handyman services to bring your home back to life.